Sunday, September 18, 2011

A tribute to the both of us, into this infinite space

It feels so weird drafting a post. After all, it's been eons since I last wrote. (About 11 months to be exact.)

Looking back and reflecting how this space has grew - from a "news feed" to keep friends and love ones updated about my life overseas, to a "scrap piece of paper" to vomit all my emo thoughts; it's a pity to see that today, I have difficulty finding relevance in this space, given that I have lesser subjects and time in my current phase of life.

Yet every once in a while, I'd "draft" something in my head, while going to work or driving home from Hyeyoung's, and "save it" amongst my memories, as if a virtual space exists inside my brain that allows me to retrieve the draft as easily as this platform. It's a weird thing to do, almost no difference as speaking to myself.

Once again today, as I was running around my neighborhood (in an attempt to cure my chronic tension headaches), I started "drafting" and so I decided to finally sit down and spill it all out. :)

...

Come this 29th is our 2nd anniversary. It's a great milestone for us because we have finally transited into a new phase in life, i.e. building the foundation for our career. 2 years ago, we met at the final moments of the previous phase, the studying phase.

We dated in small cosy cafes with skinny lattes, flat whites and gorgeous cakes, took strolls amongst the university grounds in the cool Aussie breeze, and best of all, spent a great deal of time cooking and rolling around at a place we've come to call home. I miss shopping grocery together at Supabarn, doing our laundry across several floors (simply because we always had a big load), taking a stroll to and from Fenner Hall or along the shores of Manly Beach during our Sydney getaways, and of course, our inaugural trip to Byron Bay. One of my fondest image was us being mesmerized by a sky FULL of stars under the lighthouse at Cape Byron, after a degustation meal at a two chef hat restaurant.

Such precious and beautiful memories... :)

This is not say that time spent back in Singapore wasn't memorable I guess since we're still here, we're still in the midst of completing this "part" of our memories and when the time comes, whenever and whatever that may be, we will again look back and cherish our time here.

There is no better entry to restart this blog than to shout out to say how great the journey with Hyeyoung has been. Undoubtedly, the future is still very uncertain for us but I think we know, that our hearts are certain, and that's good enough. For now, we just need to take baby steps to solidify this foundation we've built whilst unraveling the future together, hand in hand. But still, thank you Hyeyoung for everything. You have been great in so many different ways. I can't decide if I wish time will past slowly so that I can enjoy each moment we spend together, to for the clock to spin faster so that time will quickly unravel what our future will be... Guess at the very least, you know how I truly feel. :)

(Great. Now that I'd spilled my heart out, let me think of what else to write in the card I'm going to give to Hyeyoung!)

No comments: