Friday, September 03, 2010

Now that's what I call service!

Brought Hyeyoung to 鳥焼たか to celebrate our 11th month anniversary last Friday and this cute and sincere card was waiting for us...


A little background on 鳥焼たか:

Back when Hyeyoung was away in Korea, I brought Qing there for round 2 to spend some quality sibling time together. (Round 1 was at ちくわ亭, where I tried 沢蟹 for the first time.) The head waitress made a mistake with my order - instead of serving a serving of their sets, they served us two servings instead. She was kind enough to waive off the charge of the second set but the 焼き鳥 was so awesome that I declined the offer. In the end she waived off all the alcohol charges (3 glasses of 焼酎). Not only that, when we left, she walked us out of the restaurant and bidded goodbye to us with the words, "Sorry for the mistake, please come back again and I will introduce more so 焼酎 to you next time". And yes, she's Japanese. :)

So tell me, after being pampered like that, how can I not return?

And so last Friday, I did. Service was once again impeccable. The lead Japanese waitress was very busy (due to the fact that everybody else there was Japanese) and so she did not our main server. But even when she did, like how she personally spoke to the head chef for us regarding our special request, I felt that (reasonable) requests will always be fulfilled. The other two Filipino staff were very knowledgeable and helpful too - the lady with our alcohol selection and the gentleman with our food. When we left, both the led Japanese waitress and the male Filipino waiter sent us off and bowed till we disappear down the escalator.

Amazing right? What's amazing is that I have yet to touch on the highlight of the place - 焼き鳥! I can't remember which set Hyeyoung and I had that night but everything was awesome. Imagine... Neither of us ate BBQ corn on the cob but much to our own amazement, we ate our corn that evening. It was a pity Hyeyoung couldn't try their 豆腐 'tho. Qing and I loved it for it was so dense with soy. Unforgettable taste I tell you... Hyeyoung and my favorite for that night was the 和牛 - which totally melts in your mouth (and maybe the "お茶漬け" which was not strictly お茶漬け because the soup was not お茶 but chicken soup from our starter).

Oh well, Hyeyoung and I will definitely go back again and hopefully next time, I'd write more about the food instead. :)

No comments: