Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mission accomplished: Staying up till 3am was worth the effort!

According to the itinerary, Hyeyoung's flight has just took off and is now en route to Singapore. So in slightly more than 6 hours, she would touch down at Changi, where I would be waiting with a lion- and dragon-dance troop patiently.

It's been 40 days since I last touch her face and I have waited faaar tooo looong for these 960 hours to pass! So to welcome her back and to celebrate our reunion, instead of appearing with flowers (no offense Li Shing!), I've decided to made a little something for a change:

(It's supposed to be a surprise and given that she's now in the air, there's absolutely no way she could see this post before tasting the actual product.)

Looks good?

*Ahem...*

DAMN RIGHT YOU ARE!!

It's the most concentrated Tiramisu I've ever tasted. If you've complained about how weak the coffee or Kahlua in commerical Tiramisus are, then this will make you fail the breathalyzer test.

Of course not, I'm just exaggerating.

Precisely because it's not 10/10, I think there's a lot of room for improvement. For example, not to soak the "lady fingers" for too long next time if not the coffee/Kahlua would be oozing out excitedly (as shown above). And another pointer is to figure a way to lift a slice off the entire cake without ruining it like what I'd done to the far end corner of this slice. You should see how many slices I have ruined while trying to get this slice out for a photo.

Nonetheless, this Tiramisu wouldn't have been possible if not for the recipes, advices and ingredients from Amelia and Pam. So thank you both! Really appreciated the help. :)

Now I just hope the surprise would work. I've prepared a special glass of Tiramisu just for her. Initially I was thinking of bringing the glass to the airport and serve it to her as I drive home but I don't think that will work because I really need to keep it refrigerated. HOW?! I need to think of a way to surprise her...

Think Ernest, THINK!

No comments: