Sunday, August 15, 2010

Just another lazy Sunday

This is my 2nd attempt making 김밥 (Kimbap). The first was back in Canberra when Hyeyoung was away in Sydney, hanging out with her bestie.There's more ingredients this time but I think I still need to improve on my rolling. It's damn difficult to roll it right! Cutting the roll comes in second in terms of difficulty. Apart from constantly being at war, I think there's another reason know why East Asia is known for its sharp knives...

Food aside, this week marks my second week at work. Everybody, especially those who are aware of the "am-pee-eh" saga has been asking me how's my new job. In terms of job responsibilities and scope, there's a lot of learning to do - from the mundane media monitoring in the mornings to the very exciting strategizing pitches for new businesses. Job nature is awesome because there's a lot of communication between colleagues as well as external partners. The company's small and (most of) my colleagues are around my age so I think there's some kind of energy in the entire team. It's also very comforting to know that everybody's always ready to help and teach me. To sum it up, I'm sure I didn't jump from the boiling pot into the fire, which was my biggest fear. :)

So the next challenge is balancing work and life. I'm starting to like my job and I'm very in love with Hyeyoung. I've gotta learn how to balance both of them well. (Not to mention I'm thinking of teaching a class of creative writing on Saturday.) Luckily Hyeyoung has always been very supportive, telling me that work comes first but knowing me, it's so difficult to ignore my love and concentrate on work. But I guess that's something I have to learn!

Speaking of Hyeyoung, she's coming back in SIX DAYS!! Thus far, we've been apart for 35 days but thanks to technology, we'd managed to stay in contact through numerous SMS, emails, Google Chat and Skype sessions. Singapore Post has also been a very helpful support by sending my love over to her. :) I think in absence of being physically together, we have definitely grown stronger as a couple, as a team. Hopefully next week won't be as busy as the past two weeks and then I can squeeze some squash/tennis sessions in-between so that I can keep myself in shape for her arrival.

No comments: