Saturday, July 31, 2010

Transitional feelings...

Leaving "am-pee-eh" was more emotional than I'd thought.

Given my disappointment in the organization and hatred/disgust for certain individuals within it, I walked out the doors of the 19th Floor with a heavy heart filled with a sense of extreme pity - pity that I had to leave a job that was so aligned to my academic interests. Over a course of three days, different people came over to speak to me. Some offered their best wishes while some offered their wisdom in dealing with people and career progression. Oh yes, there was even a surprise for me in the fridge, which I felt a bit cheated when I realized that it wasn't food. Indeed, there's no doubt that nice people exists everywhere.

One must know that such a departure is not one I'd envisioned. I'd always thought I would leave the place in complete ruins, walking away nonchalantly in the aftermath of my wrath being unleashed. Think Ernest walking away (in slow-mo) from a sea of flames with screams of poor souls wailing for a second chance. Guess it's always different in reality.

When I left on Friday, I actually felt like crying. God knows why. (Apart from me bring the usual emo me, that is.) And so secretly, I'm quite glad/relief that I left with no animosity and even though it wasn't a happy ending, it wasn't a ugly one either. :)

Tomorrow is going to be a brand new beginning, as once again, I try to crave something out and make it my career. I've only been to the office once and met 2 of the... (Hmmm... I don't even know how many staff they have!!) ... staff, the Managing Director who interviewed me and another girl who administered my test. So as you can see, I have no idea what kind of place it is. Since the firm's quite small, I really hope/wish/pray that people are nice and are willing to teach/share/nurture me while the job scope is dynamic enough to keep me interested. Is that too much to ask?

So I pray... That once again, God will grant me the faith, wisdom, courage, perseverance and strength for tomorrow and more importantly, the career switch. Meanwhile, if I keep writing, then you'd know that things aren't that bad as before. :)

No comments: