Friday, May 25, 2012

A day as a "house-husband"

Gotta have "house-husband" in quotation marks since that's not exactly true but yes, today I had a taste of what it's like to juggle between work and home

Well, it all started with a packet of Larb premix which Hyeyoung's Thai colleague gave. Qing and the folks were away, so I volunteered to whip up a Thai dinner.

What did I do? After work...
1. I went grocery shopping
2. Cooked 2 dishes (excluding rice)
3. Picked Hyeyoung up from gym
4. Come back to finish up the last dish (with extra hands from Hyeyoung) and, 
5. Served dinner at 8 (complete with a bottle of Hoegaarden for each of us). *BIG SMILE*

  Kaeng Khiao Wan (Green Chicken Curry)

 Larb Moo (Minced Pork Salad)

Khai Toon Puk (Vegetable 'Cup' Omelette)

Needless to say, I didn't make the Green Curry from scratch. ('tho I wish I did!) But Hyeyoung and I are very happy with the premix sauce so interested parties, do ask! Meanwhile, the recipe for the Green Curry and Khai Toon Puk was taken from this website.

Damn! I'm so happy and proud of myself! :)

1 comment:

plumbing said...

Such a delicious foods indeed. I hope that you might also post the ingredients of this menus.