Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The end of a dark chapter is near

*exhales*
*coughs*

Yes. This blog ain't dead, yet.

Despite having my Sunshine beside me, my life had been engulfed by dark clouds over the past few months. Those close enough would know why. As much as I believe that my blog is my personal space online and I am free to express myself, I shall restrain myself from revealing too much, for I fear, that should the seal be broken, it would be too late to prevent the wrath I will subsequently unleash.

More importantly, Hyeyoung said something some time ago which rings till today. She said, "Why have you stopped writing? I miss your entries. They make me feel like a star." Hahaha!! How cute is that?! For that reason, I shall attempt to get back into the habit of writing.

I shall not attempt to back-log everything on what I'd not written as too many things have happened thus far (not to mention the numerous good food we'd tried in Singapore). Instead, I shall write as though I was merely away for a while (in some cave without internet) and resume my writings as per normal. Nonetheless, here are some updates:

1. This is Hyeyoung's 4th month in Singapore and amongst the many things she'd adapted is the ability to order "Kopi O Kosong Peng" at the kopitiam near my place. Isn't she a darl?

2. We are celebrating our 8th month anniversary this month. We were so busy that 200th day came and went without us realizing. 1/2 year anniversary was spent at a (rather reasonably priced) French restaurant, complete with a tiny      as a surprise, served on a dessert plate. ;)

3. Together, we've tried many different restaurants (including those I'd never been to) and had identified a few favorite haunts in Singapore. The list is still growing and it doesn't seem like we'd be able to finish everything soon. One of our accomplishment, I think, is to bring mom out for breakfast on Mother's Day.

4. We're doing a mixture of long walks (to Kovan usually), swimming (though most of the time is spent in the jacuzzi) and possibly tennis. Hopefully, we'd be able to settle down on a regular exercising routine soon.

5. Attempts to cook hasn't really worked. My kitchen is quite ill-equipped and it isn't as cosy as the one I had at Academie House, which Hyeyoung and I miss terribly. I wish we can cook more often. So far, Hyeyoung cooked 보쌈 (Bossam) once, I made breakfast (rice + heart-shaped fried egg + 생선구이 (Grilled fish) + Kimchi) once on Hyeyoung's birthday, and we probably cooked 라면 (Ramyeon) two or three times. Wish we have a nicer kitchen and more time to cook something nice to cheer ourselves up.

6. I've started learning 한글 (Hangul)! It's a natural progression and a matter of time I pick it up I suppose. We decided that it is indeed easier to learn from Japanese so Hyeyoung bought me a book from 紀伊國屋 (Kinokuniya). I can read all the characters now. Writing is still tricky but I know more common phrases and some basic vocabulary now. :D Next step, to buy a workbook of sorts to practice. Just pure memorizing/reading to myself repeatedly on the train is not very helpful.

Alrighty, that should set some foundation and save me from having to give some background information for future entries. For now, sleep beckons.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Those close enough would know why"
How come I don't know nothing?? WHY WHY??
We have some serious catching up to do!!!

ア-ネスト said...

it's difficult to catch up when i have no clue to your identity, esp when your ip address is blocked.

identify yourself stranger!! =)

Anonymous said...

IP is blocked? really!!
Who else use Anonymous to comment on your blog.
Guess you really forgot about me =/