Friday, January 22, 2010

If my oven could express itself...

... It would be grinning with delight for it has truly fulfilled its role as a trusty little oven.

Not too long ago, Hyeyoung and I decided to bake. It wasn't a new idea as we did toy around with the idea before, but like plans, we just never got do to it.

But about a week ago, on impulse, we decided that we should bake. The original idea was to do a cheesecake and after looking at a few recipes, we decided on Oreo Cheesecake. :)

Boy, it sure was fun!

I searched for the recipes, she decide which one to use. We shopped for the ingredients. She gives me instructs to make the Oreo base. She pours the various ingredients in while I mix them (with an electric mixer of course!). And finally, we put it in the oven and waited...

And waited...

And waited...

After several hours, the final product was ready!

Behold! Our Oreo Cheesecake. :)




You'd watched so many movies and see couples playing in the kitchen as they bake/cook. Then you wonder to yourself if it happens in real life. Well, baking with Hyeyoung has been a dream come true. I'd never baked a cake before in my entire life and it was so much fun - planning what to bake and shopping for the ingredients, the nervous anticipation to see if the cake was a success, and the ultimate satisfaction when you take the first bite. Hopefully, we'd have more chances to bake back in Singapore. Meanwhile, I need to loose these calories I'd just gained!

No comments: