Sunday, January 10, 2010

The day Tilley's was closed.

"Why don't we eat out for breakfast?" I suggested. After all, it's Saturday and I want to break the monotony of having breakfast at home.

"Yeah sure," Hyeyoung replied. "But where?"

"Tilley's?"

So and we got dressed for breakfast at Tilley's, which was supposed to be awesome.

But we have no idea...

After 40 minutes of bus ride, we realized that stupid Tilley's was closed (till the 15th). Annoyed, frustrated and irritated by that fact, Hyeyoung and I decided to walk to Dickson (through a previously unknown shortcut) where we had lunch at Au Lac. Au Lac never fail to disappoint and it sure cheered us up a little as we experimented with two dishes we had never tried.

After lunch we indulged in one of our favorite pastimes (here in Canberra), grocery shopping. :) It was a spur of a moment decision and we decided to do some baking that afternoon. After all, we've been wanting to bake something with my oven but never got down to it. So here it is, our first baked dessert:

Pecan Brownie Fudge!!^^ Trust me, it is sinfully delicious! If not for my expanding waistline, I'd definitely gobble finish everything in one sitting.

And for dinner, we had:

Roast pork with greens. There's salad on the side but I forgot to take photos of it.

It sure is nice to have a lovely and creative chef as your girlfriend. Plus it's so much fun to spend time in the kitchen with her. Man, I'm so going to miss such days when we're in Singapore.

No comments: