Tuesday, March 06, 2012

A path leading to a forked road

So I recently started my new job (today’s the 11th day to be exact), and the stark difference between this and the previous one continue to appal me.

Just this morning as I was coming out from the train station, I was greeted not by clear blue sky with rays beaming through white fluffy clouds but, a dark gloomy cloud that looms over the grey towers with waiting to explode with rain. Immediately, Inception’s ominous “boom boom boom” OST played as I gasped at such Gotham-like skyline/scene.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate my job. The steep-learning curve has been very enriching and I love the new knowledge I’m gaining daily. What I do loathe, is the stone-cold environment that continues to elude even the extremely pragmatist me.

So like any good book, the plot unveils a twist and now, life (suddenly) presents me with an unexpected turn of events. Thanks to my very good friends, a Malaysian and a French, who have planted thoughts into my mind, I have been feeling a little lost since this weekend.

But today, as I look at Hyeyoung's smiling face while I was waiting for her to finish with her workout at the gym, and then her innocent, child-like face as she napped while I was driving her home, I knew, that there are (possibly many) things money will never be able to buy. So I must choose prudently, and also with my heart; for the outcome of such decisions will be borne by not just myself but the both of us as a team.

May God grant me the Wisdom, Faith, Courage, Strength and Perseverance to make the right decision at this juncture. Amen.

No comments: