Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Perils of a foodie

I admit. I love food good food. Seriously, who doesn't? And so I'm always on the hunt for a good meal. Doesn't have to be trendy, intricate, elaborate or expensive. Sometimes, a good bowl of Pork Liver Mee Sua (with a plate of freshly steamed Grouper) is good enough. However, like all things in life, there's a cause, and there's a consequence.


In this case, the problem is that when I find good food, I eat (a lot); when I eat (a lot), I get fat; and finally, when I get fat, I hate myself. :(


Simple stuff. Not very difficult to understand. Yet, very difficult to solve.

So what do I do? I exercise (or at least I try to). 

I try to keep to a routine of squash with some close friends and colleagues on weekday evenings, trying to find regular partners for tennis on Saturday mornings (applications are open!) and run/jog on weekday nights. Now, I just need to keep this up for a regular period of time... say, 6 months to 1 year? Hopefully I can go back to having visible pelvic bones. I'm not even aiming for packs on my abs!


Those who know me well would know that very often, I pray for 5 things - (not necessary in this order) perseverance, strength, courage, wisdom, and faith. I think when it comes to my exercise routine, I totally need these 5 traits, especially faith, perseverance and some times, strength.


Well, this is just a short reminder to myself, sent into the vast space of the World Wide Web. Maybe someday in 2012 I'll read this entry again and say, "hey, what they said about writing down your goals could be true after all!" 

Meanwhile, any recommendations for good food? :p

(Link to the actual entry.)

No comments: